As I have confessed before, I read fashion magazines while I dry my hair in the mornings. I was amazed to turn a page in People Stylewatch this week and find the impossibly perfect smile of Dr. Oz. Was the good physician promoting a healthy diet or exercise or the usual questionable alternative treatments?
No, this piece was "7 Ways to Streamline Your Morning!" The subtitle suggests that we "save time - and stress less - in the A.M. with these easy tips from Mehmet Oz, MD, host of The Dr. Oz Show." Here are the tips:
- Answer e-mails at the office
- Try dry shampoo
- Have a few go-to outfit options ready
- Keep your alarm clock at a distance
- Use your shower to steam
- Prep your blender (with ingredients for your morning smoothie)
- Go for all-in-one beauty products
I am still trying to figure out why "the doctor" is promoting these somewhat silly tips that most women already know. Other than getting even more attention for the Oz PR machine, of course.